“The vSphere Client has always been seen as rigid, often VMware Admins wish they could add shortcuts and features which make their life easier. PowerVI allows them to do just this, it breaks down the walls of the rigid GUI and allows VMware admins to use the Power of PowerShell and PowerCLI whilst remaining within the vSphere Client, a fantastic must have product which will increase productivity and save much needed time in any admins life.”
- Alan Renouf, VMware Technical Marketing
Instant ROI With Over 100 Scripts
PowerVI offers instant ROI by providing over 100 prebuilt scripts to manage and automate your daily VMware administrative tasks.
- Inventory virtual machine configurations
- Find out-of-date snapshots
- Report on storage usage and isolate problems with LUNs
- Find top resource consuming virtual machines (CPU, Memory, Disks)
- Isolate resource problems on ESX hosts
- Find under-utilized hardware
- Manage virtual networks
- And much more...
Tight Integration with vSphere
PowerVI is tightly integrated with the vSphere client, providing you with an easy way to manage your VMware infrastructure.
- EASY - PowerVI installs in minutes on your workstation; no need to install anything on your backend hosts. PowerVI Scripts are executed from popup menus in the vSphere client.
- SECURE - Scripts run with the same authentication privileges as the user who logged into the vSphere Client.
- SMART - Scripts are run in context against only those devices you select with separate scripts presented for virtual machines and ESX hosts
- FLEXIBLE - Supports connections to vCenter or direct connections to ESX/ESXi hosts.
Integration with PowerWF and PowerSE, make it easy to author, edit, and test PowerShell scripts and workflows before deploying them to your vSphere environment.
- Author PowerShell scripts using PowerSE - Professional Script Editor, included with the product. PowerSE provides templates for easy script creation
- Orchestrate complex tasks using PowerWF. Every PowerShell cmdlet at your fingertips for drag-and-drop workflow creation
- Runs local scripts and scripts from network shares
- Extended graphical reporting with filtering, sorting, grouping,
conditional formatting and export to Excel and CSV files.
- Includes script templates for the most common
VI management tasks, such as “setup and delete virtual
switches and port groups”, “change of root passwords on ESX
hosts”, “restart of host-based VirtualCenter agents”,
“disconnect removable medias”, "View/Search ESX Log files",
various statistics and Top10 views, and many more.